A blog about motorcycles, motorcyclists, and motorcycle shops

Musings on riding and working on bikes, and observations as I travel and visits bikers, riders, motorcyclists, events and shops

Amazon

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Time to get the Connie running, if I have time

Ok, the big red obstruction in the garage needs to turn back into a running motorcycle.  After getting the house remodeled/rebuilt and most the stuff moved out of the other house, I can probably spare a few hours to try to resurrect "Miss Swail".  About 18 months ago the Concours developed a coolant leak during some unrelated maintenance and then life got in the way of making timely repairs.  I am guessing a good once over, an oil change, find and fix the coolant leak, a charge or new battery and fresh gas and hopefully the bike will start.  Then a tune-up, and maybe riding?  I really like the bike, so having it sit much longer won't be good.

Any tips appreciated-I already have a shopping list for Murph's Kits-mainly maintenance parts, although he has some great "farkles" I've always eyed.

No comments: