A blog about motorcycles, motorcyclists, and motorcycle shops

Musings on riding and working on bikes, and observations as I travel and visits bikers, riders, motorcyclists, events and shops

Amazon

Friday, April 6, 2012

Replacing Sportster Oil Tank

Got the new to me Sportster oil tank via FEDEX today from eBay.  Tank looks good, whoever did tear down of the other bike was conscientious with fasteners threaded onto bolts, and some hose section left on-while I have to remove it before installation, it keeps the small pipes protected from damage and grit.

Started sanding it tonight to shoot it rattle can matte black to match main tins.  Forgot not to change direction (up down or side to side) so I made a little more work for myself.

I may shoot primer tomorrow but wont have time this weekend to install it anyway.

No comments: