A blog about motorcycles, motorcyclists, and motorcycle shops

Musings on riding and working on bikes, and observations as I travel and visits bikers, riders, motorcyclists, events and shops

Amazon

Monday, October 21, 2013

Dumb story to tell on myself

I'm about to pull the forks off my Sportster and take them to an indy mechanic to replace the oil seals as I just don't have the time and inclination to replace them.  I probably could do the job and enjoy doing it if I had more time and a bit more organization in Millie's Garage by now but don't so throwing the "Yuppie RUB toolkit" down on the counter (i.e. a charge card) and getting the work done.

Well, the stupid comes into play as I've been concerned on getting the fork legs back on the bike in the right sides.  So I've been thinking I should use a grease pencil and put a small L and R on the backside of the bottom tubes, right?  Or maybe right where they slide out of the clamps.  So I walk out to the bike to check out what will have to be removed (fork brace, brake piston, relocated turn signals) and spot the big base sticker that has always been on the left fork leg.  Always on the left side of every bike I've ever owned.

Yeah, it's good to be tough if your stupid.

No comments: