A blog about motorcycles, motorcyclists, and motorcycle shops

Musings on riding and working on bikes, and observations as I travel and visits bikers, riders, motorcyclists, events and shops

Amazon

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

She isn't the "Belle of the Ball"-at least not yet

Today during a break from work I chanced a quick look at Craigslist, and lo and behold there was a 1994 Kawasaki Concour for sale.  FOR $500!  Quickly opened the listing, looked at the photos and started dialing.

The goods:  Complete.  Runs.  Registered/clean title.  Antlers and windshield not pictured are available and part of the deal (about $100 in parts right there)
The bads:  Been laid down and patched up, but still rough body parts and the usual cracks around the turn signals these bikes are known for.  Leaking gas tank.  Front end needs total rebuild-fork seals, brake calipers-the works.

Well, since I still have just under 9500 miles to get Miss Swail (my current 86 Connie) over 100K, I can take my time doing this work right and have a low mileage 1994 for probably trade-in value when all is said and done.

Plan is to pick her up tomorrow, give the bike a good going over/cleaning before my next work trip, and start the restoration while piling up the miles on Miss Swail.  Hopefully later this summer have "Belle" fixed up and sharing the miles.

Here's a pic:

New to me 1994 Kawasaki Concours "Belle"

1 comment:

John Bur Alford said...

I'll post a new article with more pics but got the bike home today and spent about an hour and a half surveying the parts that need work and starting on the front brakes. One caliper shot so figuring out rebuild.