A blog about motorcycles, motorcyclists, and motorcycle shops

Musings on riding and working on bikes, and observations as I travel and visits bikers, riders, motorcyclists, events and shops

Amazon

Friday, March 30, 2012

Murph's Kits

I'm trying to get the Connie back on the road, and got my order from bikebandit.com, so soon I'll be trickle charging the battery and prepping to change fluids in the bike.  While bikebandit is a great shop and has a huge selection, the Connie is a niche bike, and some parts just aren't in stock.  Of course one company shouldn't be expected to have every part for every bike model ever made, right?  While that would be really cool, it's just a bit unrealistic.

So what to do?  Well, for owners of certain Kawasaki's, let me recommend Murph's Kits.  I first found out about Murph's from the Concours forums, and when you are looking for parts for either generation Connie's, KLRs and a few other bikes, he's a good place to start.  Not only does he have OEM and maintenance parts, there are some after market "engineers" that have come up with solutions to long-standing problems that market their gear through Murph.  All said, got some new carb boots and o-rings on the way.  Hoping they get here soon, time to get "Miss Swail" back on the road!

Update (3/31):  Order has already been shipped!  Can I get the bike running by next weekend?  I HOPE SO!

No comments: