A blog about motorcycles, motorcyclists, and motorcycle shops

Musings on riding and working on bikes, and observations as I travel and visits bikers, riders, motorcyclists, events and shops

Amazon

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Good visit to Pike's Peak H-D and Frontier Cycles yesterday

Got out and played tourist yesterday. Found two indy shops on the same street, so GPS in hand (well on dash) of I went.

Frontier Cycles was the first one visited. A small shop in the old school, bikes parked everywhere/catalogs and parts on the counter style, the owner and a mechanic were hard at work on a bike in the back as I entered. Good friendly guys from the few minutes I got to spend there. The other shop was closed so couldn't visit, but the old custom panhead hanging from their sign was pretty cool to look at.

After a quick lunch and a trip most the way up Pike's Peak, a friend and I stopped by Pike's Peak Harley-Davidson. The lot was full, as they were having the drawing for a Sportster and other prizes. There was even a bike or two, despite the approaching snow. We got there just as the last chili was given out, but everyone was friendly. Big shop in the new Harley style, plus they also are a BMW dealership. We enjoyed looking around and I used some Chrome Cash for a t-shirt and a shifter peg I needed. The buzz from the crowd'and the service makes me think the HOG chapter and riders here would be good to hang with.

No comments: