A blog about motorcycles, motorcyclists, and motorcycle shops

Musings on riding and working on bikes, and observations as I travel and visits bikers, riders, motorcyclists, events and shops

Amazon

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sportser and testing adding pictures

The pic is of my 99 XLH883 Sportster when I was about 2/3rds the way done with my customizing.  Since this pick was taken I have added mini-apes and a removable National City Cycles windscreen I bought from Jireh Cycles (http://www.jirehcycles.com/)   Overall I like how the bike is set-up, and am not in a big hurry to pull the engine apart and bump it up with a 1200 kit.  I am leaning toward the Wiseco reverse dome pistons, but any recommendations would be welcome.

I'm also pretty happy with Jireh Cycles as one of the places I go for new parts, tires and things like that.  Not my only source, but the only one bad experience was a back ordered tire with no estimate, and I needed to get the bike back on the road.  Otherwise happy with their mix of price, selection and speed of service over the years.

Now that I've figured out how to upload pics, I'll start adding some of my other bikes, and stock photos of other bikes I've owned with brief reviews.

No comments: