A blog about motorcycles, motorcyclists, and motorcycle shops

Musings on riding and working on bikes, and observations as I travel and visits bikers, riders, motorcyclists, events and shops

Amazon

Friday, January 20, 2012

Winter Project Number Two: 1997 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R


A little while ago I picked up this 1997 Ninja ZX-6R off of Craigslist as a basket case pretty cheap.  It hasn't run in a while after being laid down on the track about five years ago.  Much of the bike is in baskets in my storage shed but I am missing a few parts.  Once I get the Connie running, I plan on chasing down the few parts I need, putting this bike on my lift and getting it re-assembled.  Then I'll have to decide if I want to keep it as a street bike, sell it to a racing or trackday riding friend, or even become a "Racing Team Owner" and have one of them campaign it for me either in WERA or Chuckwalla motorcycle racing.

Thoughts or suggestions on getting it running again welcome!

No comments: