A blog about motorcycles, motorcyclists, and motorcycle shops

Musings on riding and working on bikes, and observations as I travel and visits bikers, riders, motorcyclists, events and shops

Amazon

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Two Connies to make one

Today I'm riding the 1994 Concours (aka Connie) for the fourth time since buying it earlier this year.  It's slowly getting restored, but last night I had to press it into service.  I still haven't tracked down the electrical gremlin on the 86 and my shop truck, the 1975 C-10 stepside started acting up.  The truck lost power going up hill under a heavy load, including almost stalling out while headed uphill on a freeway.

So last night I moved some parts back to the '94 I had moved to the '86 for troubleshooting, re-installed some fairing pieces and tried to fire the bike up.  At first it wasn't getting gas, as the carbs had sat since August.  Soon some fuel was flowing and after a minute or two of rough running the bike started idling.  I put the seat on, rolled it off the lift, got the safety gear and took it out for both a short test ride and a tank of fresh gas-in the '86s red tank!  So I'm running around in a partially "naked" (i.e. no mid and lower fairings-those are still being prepped for paint) Concours with mostly purple and silver bodywork but with a red tank.  But it runs safely and I'm on the road!

Ride safe!

No comments: